Chamealon was here for a few days, so I utilized my resources (her) and got to work on my rock wall/retainer flower bed. We have a really steep front yard - not by choice, and we've been trying to figure out what to do with it. So we started collecting rocks for the past year, and on Saturday, Chamealon, Martin and I turned our rock pile into this!! It was like a giant puzzle, which I am really, really bad at doing, but Chamealon and Martin seemed to be pretty good at it. After several hours of back breaking work (thank goodness it was cool outside on Saturday afternoon) we were done. Now we are just waiting on our hometeacher to clean out a drain pond on his farm and bring us the top soil so we can fill it up and I can plant flowers in it!!
This is the view from right next to the house. I can't wait until it is full of top soil and flowers, and all the weed guard is covered up and it looks all beautious and stuff. Martin has been saying he wants to go into Lanscape Design - even after being really sore this weekend from lifting rocks that weigh more than he does. I think he has a natural talent for it.




No comments:
Post a Comment