Remember when we painted Martin and Porcupine's bedroom? Yeah, I said we were going to make them camo quilts? Yeah. So, it happend the last 2 weekends - well, at least we got most of the quilts done. Grandma Linda came over, hauling all of her quilting stuff with her, and got us started. Penguin sewed the pieces together - I ironed.
Here is Porcupine's quilt on the frame.
Grandma Linda and Penguin measuring out the spots where we were going to tie it.
Penguin caught on quickly and did a great job tying the quilt.
I actually had done this before... didn't like it then... didn't like it so much this time... (I'd rather be outside playing in the dirt)... but I was excited to be making nice warm MATCHING quilts for the boys beds. Last Saturday we got most of Porcupine's quilt done.
The next Saturday Grandma Linda came back and we put together Martin's quilt. He didn't want the "fuzzy yarn" on the top of his quilt, so we tied it upside down. Bee was here this weekend to help us... she has about as much passion, patience, and the attention span of an ant as her mother does for tying quilts. She stuck in there though and we got 'er done! While I was ironing this time, Grandma Linda whipped out 2 pillow cases that match the quilts... how does she do that so fast?!!!
Those last few places in the middle are hard to reach. This was a team effort!
Now all we have left to do is hem the sides... is that how you say it? I'm debating on whether to let Penguin and Bee do it, or brave sitting in front of the sewing maching myself and trying to get it done. I'll keep you posted. Right now though, the sun is shining, and I'm going outside to play in the dirt!







1 comment:
Great job guys! You are so amitious to be making them yourself! Kudos.
Post a Comment