
We have been house hunting for almost 11 months now. I mean hard core, have a realtor, looking almost every weekend, pre-qualified, HUNTING for a house. I think we have about worn our realtor out, she has been such a trooper! We made an offer on this house and it's been accepted, everything is going through and we should close on the 11th - next Wednesday. (keeping our fingers crossed, you never know, anything could happen.) It is a fixer-upper, especially on the outside (Lots and lots of yard work to do) but we love to work and to tackle projects. We are really excited to have more space (almost twice as much space as the house we are renting right now) and I'm especially excited to have a family room down stairs where the kids can play and go outside without running through the upstairs where the kitchen, dining, master bedroom, my office, living room, baby's room etc are. It is a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom home with 2 kitchens - one in the basement which will be a great place for my craft stuff as well as canning when that time comes. I'm also planning on stocking the downstairs kitchen with cold cereal, paper bowls, plastic spoons, and milk for the critters on Saturday and Sunday mornings... and I can sleep in!! :) Right now our bedroom is off the dining room and I always hear them when they get up on Saturday morning and make their own breakfast. Heck, in our new house, we might not see the critters for days!
We are excited to be back in our old ward! The critters are really excited about that. We have just under an acre of property at our new house, quite a bit less than they are used too. I know the critters are really going to miss playing in the canal in the winter time. They spend a lot of time down there breaking the ice, skating, and playing games. I'm sure they will find fun things to do at our new house though, who knows, maybe even a canal somewhere close by.
The yard boasts several mature fruit trees: apple, plum and pear, as well as a younger fruit tree... not sure what kind yet - it didn't have any fruit on the ground below it for me to tell what it was. There are also two English walnut trees so we'll have plenty of nuts. (although I think we're plenty nuts already). Then there is a garden area that we will make much, much bigger, a nice compost area, and a big raspberry/strawberry patch. Lots of room to build a chicken coop, pig pen and shop, some day.
So, if you're not busy on Valentines weekend, come on over and spend a romantic day with us moving! :)
I'll post more pictures later.
2 comments:
Congratulations!! We are looking for a house too right now. Our hands are tied in regards to buying a new home until our old one sells. We are praying very hard that selling won't take too long. Luckily, the market here in Sidney favors the buyer. We looked at one home I absolutely love: it is a 5 bedroom, 3 bath, huge basement home situated on 10 acres of land. The landscaping is very new, but there are some trees planted that will reduce the wind we get out here. There are lots of bunnies to shoot and veggies to grow. Good luck with moving and everything. You are pretty amazing!! I love reading your blog to see everything your family is doing.
Congrats! I hope it all works out. There's nothing like a little extra space to give you room to breathe. Good luck and sorry...we're busy V-Day weekend, although it would be great to visit you there sometime! I have always wanted to go to Crane too,...hope we make it some time.
Post a Comment