Saturday, February 21, 2009

Moving In

I got the computer hooked up on Sunday the 15th. I was so happy the Internet worked! As you can see, there is still a ton to do! I was really bad about taking pictures while we were moving. I wanted to get pictures of all the people that helped us. SOooooo many people helped pack the kitchen, move the kitchen, bring boxes into the house, move furniture, bring furniture into the new house and clean the old house. We couldn't have done it without everyone's help.
MONDAY: was presidents day so none of the critters had school. We did more moving in and unpacking and even cleaning. The Tnuh boys spent the night on Monday night because they didn't have school on Tuesday either. I picked them up at 2:00 and we went over to the other house. The boys loaded the moving van with all the stuff that was in our two sheds. Some of the critters and I cleaned up the last few things in the house and did a bit of cleaning. We then went and met Hunter at Costco for dinner - with 11 kids. Yes, we got some looks. No, they are not all ours (but most of them are). We went home and the critters played outside for a long time. It was SO NICE to send the critters down stairs to the family room to watch and movie and go to sleep. Hunter, Lemur and I went up stairs and went to bed. The critters reported the next day that they stayed up until 2:00 a.m. I didn't hear them once!!!
SUNDAY: We went to our new/old ward. It is the ward we used to live in 2.5 years ago. The critters were all happy to go and already knew kids in their classes, so that made it nice. Even Lemur went to nursery really great. We got lots of hugs and comments like, "welcome home!" It feels good to be home.
SATURDAY: Valentines Day... my Valentine gave me a house for Valentine's Day... what did yours do for you? I told him he is going to have a hard time topping that one in years to come. I got him a new ax. I think next year I will welcome a nice relaxing dinner and evening together versus moving. I'm exhausted. A guy in our old ward let us use this moving van. It was nice because it was covered and we didn't have to worry about things getting wet. It was snowy when we got up, it melted, and of course created lots of mud... which was tracked all through our house.

FRIDAY: Ladies from our old ward helped me pack up the kitchen on Thursday. Thursday night Hunter and some other guys and the critters loaded all the kitchen boxes into a friends horse trailer. She drove it over to our new house on Friday and Yvi, Martin, Bee and I took them all upstairs to the kitchen. Then Martin, Bee and I unpacked everything and put it away... except for the few boxes that were marked "office" and were put in the office because I forgot to tell Yvi that EVERYTHING in the horse trailer was for the kitchen. I found those boxes a week later... thank goodness nothing was supposed to be kept cold!

THURSDAY: Ladies from the Relief Society helped me pack up my kitchen. We had it all done in less than 2 hours. All the boxes FILLED my living room. Hey, what can I say, I love Pampered Chef and food! It was SO NICE to have all the help. What great ladies! I think there were about 8 children two and under there. Lemur had fun sitting in my closet eating pretzels with a friend.




No comments: