Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Three Angels

Monday afternoon some ladies from our ward called and said they were so glad we had moved back. They knew I am expecting and said they were coming over, so get ready to put them to work. They said they knew I was organized (I had to laugh my head off at that one!) so they didn't know what they could do, but they were coming.
I told them to come in grubby clothes because I had a big surprise for them!

Our project for that afternoon was to unload the moving van which was full of "shed stuff" from our old house.


My three angels gladly jumped right in and started moving things into the shed (tools and gardening stuff) or "bomb shelter" (all other miscellaneous junk).

They laughed and chatted, and got quite bossy when I tried to lift something they thought was too heavy for me to be lifting "in your condition." (if they only knew what I had been doing the past three weeks...). The critters jumped in and helped too - they were a little surprised at how much work the "old ladies" as Monkey said, could do. These three ladies were friends of mine when we were in this ward 2 1/2 years ago. One was the Relief Society President, one was my visiting teacher for a while, and the other just a friend I got to know. All of these ladies are old enough to be my mom, but that hasn't stopped a wonderful friendship from forming. I was surprised and yet, not surprised when they called me and came over. That's just the way people are in this ward. It feels so good to be home!

It started pouring rain after we had been working for about 45 minutes, and I mean POURING! Then we were treated to beautiful double, full rainbows! The "bossy" ladies made us get our picture taken. The rainbow was brilliantly bright... so beautiful!! I told my angels it was the Lords way of telling them thank you for coming over to help us.





1 comment:

David and Esther said...

Thank goodness for ordinary angels. They couldn't be more beautiful if they had wings. I'm glad you got some help. Good luck with your interview tomorrow.