Monday, February 2, 2009

Orichids just because I love you

So the other day Hunter called and said he was going to be a little late - nothing unusual, he is often held up at working finishing things up. I asked, what do you have to do? He said, Just finish some things up here at the shop. I said we'd hold dinner for him and "can't wait to see you!"

So he came home, we had dinner, I got done, started cleaning up, went into our bedroom, and Lemur followed me and handed me a card. I opened it and read a love letter from my handsome Hunter. Of course I got all emotional, because that's what I do these days, and went out into the dining room to give Hunter a big hug and kiss, and there was this orchid sitting where my plate was! Yes, he surprised me! It is so beautiful. I've never gotten an orchid before. I love how unique the flower is. The critters thought it was pretty cool how the stem of the flower grew out of the side of the base of the leaves - not up from the middle of the leaves. It's super tall. So far it is still alive... I hope to keep it that way. Hunter is usually not one for surprises, so I was totally shocked... and we hadn't even had a fight for me to deserve flowers! :)


All the orchid smells I have smelled are very fragrant -lotions, perfumes etc. This doesn't smell at all. Does anyone know why? Also, does anyone know how I take care of it so I don't kill it? I'll have to google that.

1 comment:

David and Esther said...

aaaahhhh! What a tender and thoughtful thing to do. There is nothing like flowers in the winter to lighten your spirits, especially if it's from your special someone.