Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

So here is our Thanksgiving weekend - in reverse order - so From Sunday to Wednesday. I forgot to take my camera up to the mountains on Saturday when we got two big loads of wood and our Christmas tree... it's probably a good thing I didn't take a picture of the tree that we got - yes, it's beautiful, but Hunter had to cut down a huge tree to get me the perfect top - and it's about 12 feet tall. I'm not sure how tall the original tree was, but lets just say in made a big Whump when it landed. Anyway, we have our tree.

I also didn't take picture of poor Martin who was sick almost the whole weekend with a sore throat, fever, head aches and vomiting. I took him to the doctor this morning and yep, he has strep throat. Poor guy. It was a pretty miserable weekend for him. Mrs. Fox got it too - she just called to say she also has Strep. Sorry if we gave it to you!

I didn't take pictures on Sunday - I guess I was putting everything in the car. Anyway, we had a nice Sunday. It's always good to go to church in the Branch I grew up in - they are like family. It's fun to see my old YW and Seminary teachers, Branch Presidents and primary teachers, who are REALLY old now :) and friends who are getting gray hair like me and have almost as many kids as I do. We also had a yummy dinner Sunday afternoon before our 3 hour drive home. The critters and I listened to a book on tape on the way to the Ranch and on the way home - it is called "Ghost Canoe" if you get a chance to read it, it's awesome.

We had a really nice weekend - the pictures just show a little of the fun we had.

1 comment:

David and Esther said...

Thanks for all of the pics Zookeeper. You are so good at documenting things. Can you e-mail me any? Pleeeeeeaaaase?