
Traditions are so wonderful, it keeps me from having to think of something new every year, the critters know what to look forward too, and thankfully, our traditions are simple and Christ Centered. We weren't really hungry around dinner time on Christmas Eve because earlier in the day we had been to Hunters Work Christmas Lunch and had stuffed ourselves on grilled steak and chicken, potato salad, BBQ beans, and all kinds of desserts. SO: We opened our gift first instead of eating first. Usually we eat dinner, open a gift (which is always a game) play the game, then read the Christmas story out of the bible. Lemur had opened the gift earlier in the day, so we re-opened it, acted surprised, and played the game. He actually opened a different game than the one I had meant to give the family for Christmas Eve, but that's beside the point. We played the game he opened; "Wheel of Fortune." We took turns playing in 3's and then... the power went out, like it does every year... hummm. I guess Hunter wasn't discreet enough because the kids caught on and Porcupine said, "I saw him flip the switch." Oh well, the power was out just the same.
We had our "Journey to Bethlehem" dinner by oil lamp light: Flat bread, dried meats, cheeses, figs (okay, we had fig newtons) grapes, and grape juice. I forgot the olives this year. It is a very simple meal to fix, eat and clean up. I love it. I would like to get wooden dishes to serve it on one of these days.
After dinner we read the Christmas story and went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment