Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lazy, Rainy Saturday

I didn't take any pictures on Saturday because I was too busy RELAXING! It was cool and rainy, the perfect day to stay home in front of a fire and curl up with a book and a cup of hot cocoa. I wish that's what I did. But, we had a nice day anyway.

After sleeping in and listening to the rain fall, we had breakfast, cleaned the house then did a family clean-the-frig day... long overdue.

Then we loaded up, dropped the vacuum off to get fixed, and went to Costco for lunch... where else can you feed 6 people for under $20? Then we loaded up on Costco goodies. Penguin and I dropped the guys off at Sportsman's Warehouse and went to the grocery store and ShopKo to get shoes and some clothes. We picked up the guys and headed home, stopping for a couple of movies. We watched John Wayne's Rio Bravo (long movie, but a good ol' Western) and ate Taco Soup after.

We cleaned up dinner, popped some pop corn and played Apples to Apples until 9:30. Then it was scriptures, prayers and bedtime. As Hunter and I were headed to bed at 10:30, we realized Daylight Savings time was ending and that it was only 9:30! We should have stayed up and partied for that extra hour, but we opted to use the hour more wisely and sleep. :)

The only thing missing on Saturday were three kids and a cozy fire... one day SOON we'll get a house with a wood stove!

No comments: