Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting Wood

Last weekend we went a couple hours from the farm to get fire wood. Lemur LOVES the chainsaw and got super excited when Hunter got it out and was putting gas and bar oil in it. He was mad that he couldn't be right next to Hunter when he was cutting the trees down.

The critters were all great helpers! After Hunter got the trees down, we'd limb them and then drag the branches out of the way so we could get the pick up down by the tree. Then we'd load the rounds into the pickup and drive the truck up the hill to the trailer, and load the trailer.
Each critter got a break when it was their turn to do Lemur duty and keep him entertained. Lemur sure loves to be in the woods, a "wood chip" off the old block, I guess. :)

Loading the trailer.



Lemur wanted to help too. He found some Lemur sized pieces he could hand to Hunter.
(Yes, the other critters were there too, I just got so busy working I forgot to take very many pictures). I should have taken pictures during lunch - everyone's favorite time. Nothing tastes as good as it does up in the mountains after a long morning of getting wood - even PBJ, cookies and apples.
I think we got about 3 cords of wood that day - earlier we had gotten about 2, so we should be done for the winter, but you never know. Hunter likes getting wood, so we might just go for fun one weekend and get some more.


No comments: