Monday, November 24, 2008

Invasion of the mice




Real mice, unfortunately. So while Hunter was hunting, I thought I heard one of the kids up real late at night. I got up to see what it was, and found a mouse running down the hall. I set a trap down there, but never caught one. Later Hunter thought he heard one in our bedroom, so we set traps in there and caught one, then one in our bathroom (if you were a mouse, why would you hang out in the bathroom?) So then last Sunday (a week ago) we thought we heard one in the pantry (that's where I'd live, if I were a mouse) and then found mouse tracks... yup, cute little tiny tiny foot prints... just kidding. I wish those were the tracks we found, but no... the #@!% mouse had the nerve to poop in my pantry! YUK! I hate that. So Saturday we spent a couple of hours taking EVERYTHING out of the pantry, cleaning/sterilizing/scrubbing the pantry, and putting everything back. It was a big job, but we now have a sparkling clean pantry and a better idea of what food storage we have and what we need to get more of.

Hunter found a case of mandarin oranges and tried to convince me that he was sure they meant to print 12/08 instead of 12/09 on them, and that he had better eat them all before they went bad. Nice try babe.

All the critters helped clean up but Lemur was there the whole time taking things out and handing them to the older critters. He loved helping with the vacuum (which I got fixed - hooray!) and wiping things down.

Later that day Hunter, Lemur and I went and looked at a couple more houses and ran a few errands (when I say errands and Hunter in the same sentence, it always means we go to Sportsmans Warehouse - just FYI.) The critters stayed home at watched Star Wars Clone Wars while we were gone, because neither Hunter nor I have any desire what-so-ever to watch it. I think they watched it three times knowing we'd never get it for them again. :) (our poor deprived critters)


Sunday was crazy as usual - church (which was wonderful) Baptism interview for Porcupine, choir (only two more rehearsals before our Christmas Cantata - yikes! I am the ward choir director) dinner, home teaching for Hunter, the crittres and I practiced a song we are singing at our ward Christmas party on December 5, we played Outburst, our home teachers came, take the KKritters back, etc. etc. etc. It was a nice weekend, just busy.

1 comment:

David and Esther said...

Wow! Looks like you guys worked your touche's off! I feel your pain. Mice are my number one nemesis. Filthy little creatures precious! Kill the little beasts! Death to mice! aaahhhh!