When Hunter and I first got married (and we had six critters instantly) I found myself picking up towels ALL THE TIME because NOBODY left theirs on the floor, and EVERYONE hung theirs up (does anyone else have a Mr. Nobody at their barn?) SO, I got each critter their very own towel - they got to pick the color. It is the only towel they use and now the towels have magically started staying hung up, but if they don't, I know exactly who DIDN'T hang up their towel. When we moved to this barn, the critters (mostly Bee, Penguin and Martin) painted these 1 x 3 x how-ever-long pieces of wood blue, then painted sea creatures all over them. (Their bathroom has an ocean theme) They turned out really cute and each critter has a hook for their very own towel. We also made a shorter one (below) that the girls put all their cute hair stuff on - the sand pails are cute and work great to hold elastics, clippies, etc. etc.
I was having the same problem with a bazillion cups being left all over the kitchen, so the critters have their own cup now too (same color as their towel) to drink water out of. It has solved the problem of having my counters covered in cups.
2 comments:
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/
I love your blog...you are so smart and creative. Thanks!
Post a Comment