Monday, November 17, 2008

Good Weekend

No pictures, but I'm posting anyway. We had a nice weekend. Hunter was off on Friday, so he and Lemur worked in the shed tearing down a work bench that he built and using the lumber to make a re-loading bench for all of his re-loading stuff. Hunter said that Lemur kept going out of the shed and whining, so Hunter finally went out with him and he could tell that Lemur wanted to go for a drive in the pick up. So, they did. Lemur loves the old beat up pick up. Thank goodness he is to young to know what a piece of junk it is. Some day he'll realize it and won't want to be caught dead in it. :)

I got my work done before noon, made a batch of cookies, and actually got the house cleaned up since Lemur wasn't around to destroy it behind me. I swear, the critter is a tornado. Talk about natural disasters, he causes them at our barn! We took Lemur over to some friends around 2:00 and Hunter and I went to the Temple. We had a really great experience there, then went to Deseret Book and got Porcupine a set of scriptures for his birthday (he turns 8 on Wednesday!) We had to stop at Subway before heading home to pick up the critters. Monkey and Bee also went to our friends house after school to help out with Lemur. He doesn't do too well with babysitters, so we thought he'd do better with a couple of our critters there to help out. We were right. Yma (our friend) said he did okay as long as they were outside and she didn't try to touch him. :) Go figure. He was pretty happy to see Bee when she got there. They were eating dinner and happy as clams when we got back a little after 6:00. We hung out there for a little while, then went to another friends house for a birthday party.

We played Loaded question while the critters ran around outside and played who-knows-what (capture the flag in the dark, I think). Then we had cake and ice cream and went home around 10:00.

Saturday I went to our wards Super Saturday and I made the kids teachers Christmas gift (yea! that's done!) and a couple of family gifts for Christmas. I'll try and take pictures and post these some time along with instructions: very cute, easy, cheap. Just my style.

After that I played catch with the football with Bee and Monkey, then Hunter, Lemur and I ran some errands and picked up Martin who was spending the night at the Stnuh's house. (if you can break my code, you can figure out who I'm talking about :) ) We ended up chatting there for a couple of hours. We finally headed home, rented a movie, and the critters and I wasted another couple of hours watching another dumb movie. I did make another batch of cookies during that time though.

Sunday was normal - crazy get to church rush, church was great, always refreshing, then home for dinner, try to take a nap but Lemur is wrecking the house so that's impossible, then I went to choir. We had it at Yma's house later than normal so the Bishopric could come as all four of them are great singers. We had a great turn out, and everyone loved my cookies - so I'll post that recipe next.

The critters and I played "Count Your Blessings" for a few hours Sunday evening and that was fun. I remember having that game as a kid and it actually is part of the reason I am so paranoid about going into debt - it taught me how hard it is to get out of debt and what a slave you are when you are in debt. It didn't take the critters long to figure that out either, although it was interesting to see Bee go WAY into debt by no fault of her own, and Martin benefit from it (and loved every minute of it) and Monkey made frugal choices and had the most blessings in the end. Martin might have been the most wealthy, but only ended up with a few blessings... see, money isn't everything.

So, that's our pictureless weekend...

No comments: