Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harry Potter Look-a-like

Sunday, during church, Yak scratched himself on the forehead. It bled and oozed and looked so sore. I felt horrible because I had cut his fingernails just a few days before, but obviously missed something. The poor little critter.
Several people at church and more at Stake Choir practice asked if he was trying to look like Harry Potter.

Yak is just hanging out while Zookeeper goes through the Pampered Chef boxes.

Lemur wanted to help me unpack all the Pampered Chef stuff. (He is SOoooo helpful, I tell ya what.) I finally bribed him to hang out with some root beer on his "snack stool" and watch me. That lasted for about a minute, but it was nice while it lasted. Thank goodness he is so happy and cute or I might lock him up when he tries to help me. He's such a squish, I love him to death. He wanted cantaloupe this morning for breakfast, but of course he had to cut it up himself. Thank goodness for PC little knives that are not very sharp - he likes to cut things. He also cut up an apple in about a million pieces this morning and ate that. The scary thing is that he gets into the knife drawer and brings me all kinds of knives throughout the day wanting to cut things. I've had a pyro and a hydro (critters that love fire and water) but never a... what would you call it... don't know the Greek root for knife, sorry.
Lemur is trying to talk more, only we still can't understand him. He tries to say vitamin, and I remember what it is FINALLY after him saying it, pleading with me to give him a mumumim and then I GET IT, then I forget the next day. He mostly yells Maooam, and Daaaaad and then mumbles. If you haven't been around Lemur in a while, you may not know how much he loves his daddy. He asks for him when he first wakes up. Then, all day, all day long, he sees things around the house and points to them and says, Dad, Daaad, Daaaad, until I acknowledge that he is showing me something of his dads: hat, deodorant, razor, toothbrush, bed, pillow, clothes, TV, his cup, limeade, computer, book, chair, lawn mower, chain saw, etc. etc. etc. Can I say, hearing Daaaaad all day long gets a little old sometimes? It's all good though. I think one day soon I'll be wishing he didn't know how to talk at all. maybe.
Yak is growing and getting squishy and squashy too. He is so cute and fun. He is so happy and content and just wiggles and smiles and plays and is happy wherever we put him. He will play on his back, in his swing, on his belly, sitting up on the couch or in his car seat. He likes it inside, he likes to be outside. He is good in the car, good in the store, good at church. He sleeps all night long and takes 3 or 4 naps a day. I couldn't ask for a better baby. He goes in for his 2 month check up on Friday (even though on the 19th he will be 3 months old, I didn't make his appointment soon enough). I can't get enough of my baby, he is growing up too fast!!


No comments: