Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School

Monkey is a third grader this year. He still hasn't forgiven me for "holding him back" in kindergarten. His birthday is May 30 and he would have been the youngest in his class so I had him go to Kinder again at Montessori and now he is the oldest and smartest and best athlete in his class! (well, there's usually someone smarter and faster, but it gave him an edge up). He has Mrs. Cliff and she seems really nice and fun. Monkey is a big old kid, he just about eats us out of house and home. Thank goodness he loves fruits and veggies and can go outside and eat a plum or a peach off the tree when he is hungry. He really loves our bunnies and takes good care of the kitties too. Monkey is my best worker - he always jumps right in to get his chores done fast so he can go and play.
Bee is in 5th grade. She is getting so tall, and we had to buy size 7 shoes for her!! I wear a 9 and that's because my feet grew having kids! Bee is my best mommy helper around here. I love it when she cleans things because she does it just as clean as I do. She's really good with Yak too. Bee is excited about her 5th Grade Teacher Mrs. Mills who has taught school for 32 years so she knows what she is doing. We got Bee a desk and she got it all set up and organized last night so she's ready to study!!

Martin is in 8th grade this year and "top dog" at the Middle School. When he got home from school the first day he said, "the 6th graders are so small!! I was looking down at them like... 'hellooo down there...'..." :) I think Martin has finally gotten taller than me - and his feet are way bigger! He gets to wear a uniform to school, which makes it easy to get dressed in the morning. I really appreciate that Martin is so well grounded in his beliefs and standards. There is a lot of yuk that goes on in Middle School and he chooses not to participate in it. He is really good to get his homework done. He is excited to be in jazz band and concert band this year - he had to get special permission to be in both. So far he is a tolerable teenager... keeping our fingers crossed on that one!


Getting off the bus the first day of school. Monkey and Bee leave at 7:15 on the bus and school starts at 7:55. The same bus drops them off, then comes back and gets the middle and high school kids and takes them to school - it starts at 8:40. Monkey and Bee get home at 2:50 and then the bus goes and gets the middle and high school kids and Martin gets home around 4:00. I didn't take a picture of Martin getting off the bus because that would have been too embarrassing for him. I have to start thinking like a teenager now that I have one. I wouldn't want to be an embarrassment to him! :)



1 comment:

David and Esther said...

They are all getting so big! I can't believe that Martin is almost in high school! Bee is getting so tall and graceful and Monkey Rocks!