Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Better than Christmas!!!

So this morning I got up early and worked for a few hours. Then Lemur and I went outside and put weed and feed on the lower lawn, picked up sticks/branches on the upper lawn and started mowing it. When we were about half done, the Fed Ex man came and said, "I have 6 big boxes that say you're done mowing the lawn." I knew it was my Pampered Chef Party and I ran right in the house to open the door for him. Even though I couldn't WAIT to open those treasure chests, and being the goal oriented/self-disciplined person that I am, I made myself finish mowing the lawn, feed Lemur and I breakfast (at 10:30), feed Yak again and shower before I could open them. Finally at noon I dug into the first box.
I had stuff scattered everywhere trying to sort out everyone's orders (and wishing I had gotten some of the cool stuff my friends got). But don't feel too bad for me, because I think I got more stuff than everyone else put together.

Here's my loot!
I invited about 75 people to my party. 18 showed up and I had about 10 outside orders. Thanks to all my PC junkie friends, I had an awesome party and got BOTH cookware sets at 60% off, 3 items 50% off (I got the mandolin, the Salad/Berry spinner and the Trifle/Salad bowl) $165.00 in free products and everything else at 30% off. Hooray for me! We have been needing new cookware since before we got married. Last night Hunter made breakfast for dinner and burned the eggs to our cruddy frying pan. Instead of washing it, I happily tossed it outside in the garbage can, knowing my new pans were supposed to be here the next day. I got so many goodies: the citrus juicer, lots of utensils, measuring devices, a fun cake decorating set, new veggie peelers, (all 3 different kinds), the splatter screen, the mix and pour (makes salad dressing) cook books, bamboo salad tongs etc. etc. I actually ordered so many new utensils, I had to get a new turn table too. (I already have one that is full of PC stuff, yes, I'm an addict!) Ahh, see why I say it's better than Christmas? But this isn't all about me (I rationalize), think of how much fun the critters will have cooking with me now AND cleaning up the new pots and pans that will require no scrubbing and/or elbow grease. And think of all the fresh lime/lemonade Hunter can make now with little to no effort. See, I was only thinking about my family when I had my PC Party.

Goody-bye old pots and pans. You have served us well for over 13 years!!! (I had my first Pampered Chef Party when Martin was born, and I got this pot/pan set). It has seen its better days. The bottoms are so warped they don't sit flat on my flat top stove. It took forever to heat things up because only a little part of the pan was actually touching the stove. Oh happy day!! I can't wait to get cookin'!!!




No comments: