
We went to an orchard one day and picked a bunch of really yummy cherries. We got SO MANY that we gave a bunch to the neighbors, some to the Elk Family, and still had tons left over, so: The girls washed them and bagged them and decided to sell them. They spent a lot of time on their posters and sat out in the hot sun trying to sell them. The neighbors were swathing hay and broke down right in front of our house. The guys looked so hot out there working on the swather, and the girls weren't selling any cherries, so they took over some ice cold water and a bag of cherries to the men. They were really thankful for the refreshing treat! I think the girls learned a lesson on the free enterprise system in America... you can try and sell anything you want, but there has to be a market for it... cherries are free all over the place in the valley right now, and we don't live in a very well traveled area (on purpose) so no sales. Maybe next year they can find a better place to sell their cherries. When we were at the cherry orchard I forgot my camera, but took a bunch of cute pictures on my cell phone. IF I figure out how to get them on my computer, I'll share them on my blog... IF.
No comments:
Post a Comment