Monday, April 6, 2009

Many, Many Thanks!!!

I haven't posted anything on my blog for a long time. It seemed like last week was super busy and the weekends have been jam-packed! We keep hoping life will slow down, but with a fixer-upper, we don't think it will for a while. The last 2 weekends we spent putting a new roof on the house. We had SO MANY people help that there is no way we could have done it in 2 Saturday's without their help. Family and Friends are worth more than all the gold and silver in the world. We really hope we can return the favors everyone has done for us the past few weeks. Our critters have also been really great to help with very little complaining. We love having people over. Please know you are "welcome" to come, even if you don't come and help us with a huge project!!!

We were bummed to miss General Conference on Saturdy. We HAD to get the roof done. This was the first time we have missed the Saturday sessions since we got married - and I don't think I've missed seeing the Saturday Sessions of Conference since I was in High School and playing sports. We are glad we can get it on the Internet and I always pre-order the CD's and listen to them over and over in my van while driving around. I can't wait to hear the whole thing! We did catch all of Sunday and it was awesome.

I have been in a community choir putting together an Easter Cantata for the past 2 1/2 months. We did our last performance Sunday night (last night) at the United Methodist Church in Middleton. It was a great experience and I had so much fun doing it. I am glad that it's over though because I was starting to get a little dizzy and light headed standing up there for an hour each performance. However, I think the music touched many lives, and I know my testimony of the Savior grew a lot. I love beautiful music and really love participating in performing it (in large groups... not by myself!) Hunter was very supportive of me being in this, even though rehearsals started when we were so busy packing and moving. I appreciate him so much.

So, here are a bunch of pictures from the last couple of weeks... you better grab a drink and a snack before you head into this. Again - THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who helped us!!!

2 comments:

David and Esther said...

Cute Picture! Looks like you were mucho busy! Wish we could have helped you. I'm glad that you had lots of help though, and were able to have some fun too. Hopefully you can recover sometime this week. You have got to be exhausted you poor thing. Love you guys. P.s. love the pix of the kids at Mustang's house. They are adorable.

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

wow! you guys are so busy and look how much you got done. i bet the house looks awesome. cute stuff at your front door i'm guessing. barn wood always is cute. i'm glad you liked the pictures...they were fun to take. maybe when the new baby comes i can do some famiy pictures of you guys...especially if you all come over here to the ranch we could get some cute outdoor ones. but yeah just something to think about! i hope all is well. take care and let us know of any new babies.
love you guys