
So I always dread taking the end-of-the-pregnancy pictures, but always make myself so I have a pic for the baby's album. Of course pictures add about 20 pounds right...? There's no way around it, I know, I'm pregnant and am supposed to look like this, but for some reason, it's still a shock to see a picture of myself - even though I look in the mirror every day, for some reason, pictures are worse. I don't even think my belly looks that big, as Bee says, I'm just big all over. She asked me one day why pregnant ladies gain weight everywhere and not just in their belly. Ya, WHY? So in case you are wondering if there is anything you can do for me... YES. Please pray I'll have this baby anytime. I know three weeks is a lot to ask, but dang, she's in my ribs, my rash itches like crazy, my hands are swollen and hurt and besides, I just can't wait to meet her!! Other than that, I don't think I need anything. Well, maybe diapers. You can never have enough of those. And pink blankets. Grandma Linda and possibly Mama Bear are going to come over on Friday and help me make some
girly receiving blankets, and then we'll be set. I don't actually have a bed for her either, but that's an insignificant detail. First baby has to have a
bassinet AND crib set up 3 months before they are born. Baby #5/8 is fine on the couch, a drawer, the floor. Wherever. One day we'll kick Lemur out of his crib and bring in his big bed.

I am frustrated with myself because I left my camera home this afternoon. We had Family Home Evening at 5:00. We decided to start having
FHE on Sunday afternoons because #1. All 7 critters are here on Sunday evenings most weekends, and #2. Zookeeper has to work on Monday nights now. SO, we started today. All the critters were pretty excited about it.
Steelhead and Martin helped Porcupine make gooey chocolate chip cookies, everyone helped clean up dinner and get ready, Bee prepared her lesson after church and the scripture critters got their scriptures ready ahead of time. It was so much better than the rushed
FHE's we've recently thrown together and gotten over with on Monday nights before I had to work. It was awesome. The only bad part was that Lemur was sleeping for the opening song, and it's such a riot to sing Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam with him there... he LOVES that song and we sing it every
FHE for him. We sang a sedated As I Have Loved You instead tonight.
Anyway, we had the
pre-planned scriptures, prayers, and Bee gave a great lesson on the Atonement and then Hunter was in charge of the activity. He took us to the River to go for a tromp - I say tromp instead of walk, because Hunter does not stay on the path - he tromps through the weeds and bushes and blazes his own trails.... the critters all follow him. I actually stayed in the van and talked to Mrs. Fox on the phone, I didn't really feel like tromping. I do wish I would have taken the
camera though, it's starting to green up and I could have gotten some great shots. Oh well. Porcupine and Monkey got back before the others, so I did throw the football for them for a while. It was a nice
FHE and I hope we can keep up this new tradition. P.S. The gooey chocolate cookies were to die for! I think I posted the recipe once, if not, e mail me and I'll give it to you.
2 comments:
You look absolutely stunning! What a beautiful glow you have! and no, you don't look like you a day more pregnant than three months. That's what you wanted to hear right? But really, you really don't look that big, you just feel that big.
You look beautiful. I'm excited for you to have another little girl. Lemur will love her too, in his own special way!! Can't wait to hear of her arrival. Good luck, Luv ya!
Post a Comment