Saturday morning Mama Bear, Papa Bear and Chamealon were at our house. I should have gotten a picture of them because they always show up at our house and do projects for us and I forget to take pictures. I love it when they come - even if they don't do any projects. Chamealon graduated from BYU-I on Friday. I am SO PROUD OF HER!!! WAY TO GO! We got up fairly early and got our chores done so we could go to the Annual Easter Egg hunt at the school Martin went to in 1st grade. It is a nice egg hunt with lots and lots of eggs, but not too many people. It's perfect. They always have the same ugly Easter Bunny there who scares the little guys to death. I was actually the Library Board Chairman when we bought that Bunny Costume, so I guess I'm part to blame for the ugly Bunny. The Library Board used to put the Easter Egg Hunt on every year, but last year the PTO took over... I'm sure the Library Board doesn't mind. Anyway, we picked up a couple of critters to go with us and headed over. It was sunny but cool. At least it wasn't raining!
Bee helped Lemur when the Easter Bunny gave the big GO! for the Easter Egg Hunt. Lemur quickly picked up 4 eggs, then tipped his bucket up-side-down and gleefully watched all the eggs fall out. He picked them up and did it again... by which time Bee was going crazy because 'the object of the hunt is to hurry and gather as many eggs as you can before everyone else takes them all for crying out loud!' (tell that to Lemur - he was having a great time with his 4 eggs). He did end up picking up a few more I think. He was pretty excited when I opened one and showed him what was inside... then he sat right down and opened them all up and had to eat one RIGHT NOW!
Lemur shows Hunter all the loot through a mouthful of candy. (I think he ended up with 7 eggs).
The bigger critters were too fast for me to waddle after and take pictures of them hunting eggs, but here they are going through all of their eggs looking for the prize tickets. We always donate the eggs back to the PTO who puts on the event every year, but of course, the critters keep the candy.
Hunter is a pyromaniac. He loves to burn stuff. He has been waiting anxiously for the apple, plum and pear tree branches that he "trimmed" to be dry enough to burn. They FINALLY were on Saturday. He also had a friend bring his branches over here to burn rather than taking them to the land fill. Hunter had gotten up early Saturday morning and gone to this friends house and cut down some trees for him - he and Martin got done in time to be at the Easter Egg Hunt. So much for sleeping in on Saturday!

No comments:
Post a Comment