Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Colt

So we went over to Mare's parents house on Monday night. The Horse family is staying there so they can be pampered a little bit. We FINALLY got to see Colt and boy is he cute! Bee got to hold him first (shows you where the Aunt ranks around here...) and that was the only picture my bleeepity bleepin camera was good for. My battery went dead and I was one ticked red head!!! Mare said she'd email me some more pictures, so she'd better! :) Anyway, we took dinner over for everyone; the first dinner I've ever totally bought at Costco: Lasagna, Italian bread, fruit tray, 7-layer dip and tortila chips and cookies for dessert. I didn't make a thing and it was delicious! Best of all though, we got to hold the Colt and get to know him a little bit. Dang, he's cute! Hard to believe Lemur was that little once (when he was about 1 month old). Now he's terrorizing the house! One of these days Colt and Lemur will be partners in crime along with their other cousin who was born in January. That trio is gonna be trouble!
So I just had to show off a couple more pictures of the new Colt. Mare looks all radient and beautiful and rested and happy here, but boy, she deserves the Marathon Labor award for getting that colt here. She pushed for almost 4 hours straight, every 2-3 minutes. Mustang said she was a champion, she just hung in there and kept giving it her all. I guess I'm the biggest wimp out there... 2 or 3 little pushes and the first 3 critters popped right out. Then with the last critter, one little cut and he came right out. Hats off to Mare! I watched the video of Colts birth yesterday and it made me cry - she had to work awefully hard to get him here. I hope next time they induce her about 3 weeks early, she is way too small to be having 8 1/2 pound babies!!!

BUT... here he is, and he is so dang cute!!!



Ohhhh ya.... papa is proud!!!






1 comment:

Montserrat said...

Yay! More pictures of the little guy. He really is so adorable.