Saturday, June 20, 2009

Flowers... FINALLY!


I love planting flowers, I love watering flowers, I love growing flowers and I love looking at flowers. It has been frustrating being pregnant in the spring and not being able to do as much yard work as I have wanted to. HOWEVER, last week I got three flats of flowers ON SALE (I should wait this late to plant every year, but I love planting flowers too much to do that) and the critters and I planted them in the front of the house. We had a lot of weed pulling to do first and then got to planting.



Oh yes, Lemur was SOOooo helpful! He kept stepping on the newly planted flowers. He loved digging in the soft dirt.


The front of our house is pretty rough looking. We have a lot of work to do there, but aren't quite sure what to do or how to do it. SO, while we are thinking about what to do, it just looks ugly on the right side of the front of the sidewalk. Hopefully planting flowers on the left side of the sidewalk will help draw the eyes away from the ugly side. Maybe next year we'll have the landscaping done and I can plant more flowers.




No comments: