Sunday, June 28, 2009

Comin' and Goin'

Bunny Rabbit turned 1 month old on the 19th. It has gone by so fast. He is getting chubbier and cuter every day. He is such a good baby. He only cries when he is hungry or when we change his diaper. He is pretty content to lay down and look around or sit in his swing if there isn't someone available to hold him.
It is finally hot - I guess summer decided to come after all. Here are Porcupine and Lemur cooling off with a Popsicle.

Lemur loves to talk (grunt) on the phone. He wants to call his dad when he is at work, almost every day. He walks around the house and points to things and grunts and jabbers and laughs and "tells" him what he has been doing. Lemur is starting to talk more. The critters and I are working hard at getting him to "ask" for things (or at least try) instead of just grunting and pointing. He is saying words like hot, ball, water, more and things like that.

Bunny Rabbit is starting to smile more - so cute!

Lemur is doing really good with Bunny Rabbit. He hasn't picked on him too many times. He loves to hold him and kiss him and play with his hair. If Bunny Rabbit is crying, Lemur will come and get me. Lemur has graduated to a "big bed" and has been sleeping in it ever since we brought it up to his bedroom. He's pretty excited about it. He has also been going potty on the toilet quite a bit - when I remember to take him. No poops on the pot yet, but lots of peein. :)

Thursday afternoon Martin, Bee and Monkey got back from a trip to Michigan with Grandma Panda. They had a wonderful time and have lots of fun things to tell us. They did great flying by themselves - even though I was a nervous wreck. They got to fly home first class and thought that was pretty cool. I picked them up at the air port and then dropped off Martin and Bee to go to the local water park with some friends. Penguin was already with them having fun in the water. They got home late Thursday night sun burned and tired, but as Penguin said, "that was AWESOME!" They had lots of fun.
Friday I dropped 5 critters off at the Elks house to help weed their garden and to play. I dropped Martin and Steelhead off at Grandma Linda's to work and earn money for Scout Camp, and I took Bunny Rabbit with me to my dentist appointment, grocery shopping and then visiting teaching. I picked everyone up along with all the Elk kids and they came over to play for the afternoon. We were going to set up the little pool (3 feet deep) but forgot that we don't have an air compressor to pump up the top ring. So, the critters got out the little slip and slide and had fun getting wet with that.
Martin, Bee and Monkey went with their dad at 4:30. The rest of the Elk family came over for dinner (I had tons of food we needed help eating because I had already put dinner in the crock pot when Papa Lizard called and said they weren't coming for the weekend because they were sick). Hunter took Steelhead, Penguin and Porcupine to their moms for the weekend at 6:00. When he got back at 7:00, the Elk family left and some other friends came over with a gift for Bunny Rabbit. After they left we worked outside for a while since it had cooled off.

Saturday: We got up and going. We went to a friends house and Hunter cut down a pine tree that was leaning over his shed pretty far. It was a big old 35 year-old tree. He cut it down and we helped clean up all the mess. They have a beautiful yard and I was inspired and got a lot of ideas for things to do to our yard. Now I just need 1) time 2) money 3) lots of rocks 4) a bunch of good dirt 5) lots of plants 6) lots of hard work. I can't wait to get going on some of the projects. I want to make some big flower gardens that are bordered with big rocks... it might take me a few years, but I'll get it done. We went out to lunch at Gandolfo's (great sandwiches, but super expensive) and then to D&B and got some herbs for an herb garden on our deck in planters, and Hunter bought a Dawn Redwood tree. We planted it out front. Oh, our friend gave us a bunch of trees to plant this fall - he loves trees and starts them from seedlings and gives them to people. He gave us: crab apple, choke cherry, Osage orange (which, after researching that tree, we are not going to plant.... ), oak, ash, flowering plum, 2 aspen, and a black walnut. We took a long nap in the afternoon while it was hot, then worked outside from 6:00 until 10:00 pm.
Sunday all the critters came home.
This week I go to the doctor tomorrow and start back to work Tuesday... wish me luck!


1 comment:

David and Esther said...

Good luck, you luck as busy as usual. I'm glad the kids had fun in Michigan and got back safely. bunny rabbit is soooo super cute. I miss him. Good luck with work.