I feel like a beached whale. Yes, it's 4:30 in the morning. I have been up since 2:00. No, I am NOT in labor... wishful thinking. I am due on Sunday. No contractions. None. Zip. I wish... Still swollen, puffy and gross looking, but at least this isn't forever, right? I have no idea why I can't sleep. My legs started itching at 2:00 so I got up and went potty (for the second time since I went to bed at 10:00) and scratched my legs and then I couldn't go back to sleep. I hate it when you lay there and just think. Lots of times when I think in the middle of the night I get all kinds of answers to problems, I figure things out, I plan, I sort, I organize. The frustrating thing with having a baby is the not knowing WHEN for me!!! AAArrgh! It drives me crazy, and I think Heavenly Father knows it and is trying to teach me a lesson. He has tried to teach me this 5 times now, and obviously I haven't figured it out yet... the thing called patience. I'm trying. Really.Lemur and I totally cleaned his and the baby's bedroom on Wednesday. We scrubbed and wiped down everything. I opened a package if teeny tiny diapers and he handed them to me one by one to put in the diaper holder thing on the wall. We hung up little dresses and folded tiny onesies and jammies. We folded blankies and teeny tiny socks and put them away. I don't know if he has any idea of how his world is going to change here real soon. He pats my tummy when I ask him where the baby is. We have seen a few new born baby girls in the past couple of weeks and I tell him "that's a baby sister!" He seems enamored by the babies... but I'm sure he has no idea that one of THOSE is going to come and live with US! I hope he ends up being as good of friends with his little sister as my big brother (and my little brothers) are, and as good of friends as Hunter and Rainbow Trout are.
I go to the doctor in about 4 hours (maybe I should try and get some more sleep before then). We'll see what she says. I don't know if she will want me to go another week before trying to start me because 3 of the critters were almost 9 pounds, or if she will want to try and start me this weekend. Hunter is going to go ahead and go to work today (Friday) and I'm going to pick up some of the Elk Family kids to hang out with me today. We are going to go to the dump and unload a bunch of garbage. Then I think I'll take the lawn mowers to a repair man to get them fixed so we can mow the lawn... the jungle I mean. Hunter cannot figure out what is wrong with the darn things. Tomorrow night I think Hunter and I will finish planting the garden. We planted 6 rows of corn with Lemur's "help" last night before both of our knees and backs gave out.
okay, I'm done thinking out loud. I'll keep you posted!
1 comment:
I'm feeling for you! I hope you're in labor as I write this! I can't believe how much you've done lately...can't believe none of this is helping your cause :). And, looking at the cold stone pics just makes me jealous...I just found out Logan has one and can't wait to go! (I always get rocky road...)
Post a Comment