Tuesday night Martin had a band concert. He was actually sick that day with a high fever and sore throat and stayed home from school. Since being at the concert is 1/4 of his band grade AND since he is 1ST CHAIR TRUMPET, I filled him up with Tylenol and took him to the concert. Their band has Band Festival TODAY (Friday) so they played all three of their festival pieces at the concert along with the 6th grade band and the 8th grade band. It was a short, sweet and well-done concert. I am so proud of Martin for being 1st chair! His name was in the program with a star beside it, indicating he was first chair. They did a great job and I'm sure they got high marks at Festival today. Mr. Adamson, the band teacher, asked Martin to please try out for Jazz band next year! That'll be fun!Friday, May 1, 2009
Martin's Band Concert
Tuesday night Martin had a band concert. He was actually sick that day with a high fever and sore throat and stayed home from school. Since being at the concert is 1/4 of his band grade AND since he is 1ST CHAIR TRUMPET, I filled him up with Tylenol and took him to the concert. Their band has Band Festival TODAY (Friday) so they played all three of their festival pieces at the concert along with the 6th grade band and the 8th grade band. It was a short, sweet and well-done concert. I am so proud of Martin for being 1st chair! His name was in the program with a star beside it, indicating he was first chair. They did a great job and I'm sure they got high marks at Festival today. Mr. Adamson, the band teacher, asked Martin to please try out for Jazz band next year! That'll be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment