Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our New Years Bash (and week in Review)

I didn't take any pictures of the New Years Party. I guess I was feeling sorry for myself. Hunter was sick, so he and Lemur stayed home. I hate going to family/couples parties without my husband! I did have a good companion though, Grandma Panda went with us. We went to the Ppur's house. They had invited two other couples besides us and all their kids. I'm not sure how many kids there were there - probably at least 20 (it was loud!) We played some fun games and had some yummy munchies. Grandma Panda and I made French Donuts and they were a hit. I took Martin to a Youth Party at church at 8:00 and had to go pick him up at 1:00 a.m. I'm not sure I'm ready for this teenager thing. I like to be in bed soon after 9:00.

New Years Day we slept in, kept the blinds shut, watched movies, ate food and played games. It was nice to stay in my PJ's all day and not do anything I didn't want to do. My Mama Bear and Chameleon came around dinner time. We had hot soup and corn bread for dinner, which tasted great after a day of French Donuts and junk food. Then we played more games and watched more movies.

Friday I had to work, but later in the afternoon Hunter, Mama Bear, Chameleon, Bee, Lemur and I drove around and looked at houses. We have been house hunting for nine months now. I am so tired of it. We have really been praying that the right house/place will come up for us soon. There are some good deals out there right now, but we are being picky about where, how big, acreage, irrigation, schools, commute etc. We don't want to raise our family in town, in a sub division and are being careful about the schools. That limits us somewhat, but we know something will come up when the time is right.

Saturday the critters and I CLEANED the house. We had been "maintaining" it but it hasn't been deep cleaned since right before Christmas. We rocked out to "Mom's music" and scrubbed, dusted, put away all the Christmas decorations, vacuumed, swept and mopped. It feels good to have a nice clean house. We also put our couch and easy chair up for sale on Craigs list. We hate it and want to get rid of it before we move. Who cares if we have to sit on the floor - it'll be more comfortable. Hunter helped a friend figure out his house well problems, took Martin out to shoot his new gun and then Martin, Hunter, Lemur and I went to Best Buy and ordered a video camera - we got a pretty good deal and are excited to be able to video the critters. Martin talked us in to eating at Gandolfo's. They had really good sandwiches. At one point Martin said, "this is Heaven." I asked... is the Heaven part the sandwich, or being alone with Hunter and I? He said, "both." :) Later he said, "I really don't mind having the other critters around though." It's nice having some one-on-one time with each critter (although right now usually Lemur is along too).

No comments: