I forgot to post these pictures of the critters making candy houses when Grandma Panda was here. The past three years when she has come to visit at Christmas time she has made candy houses with the critters. This year she couldn't find the kits after Christmas, so we made them out of graham crackers. When I was a little girl, we "glued" our gingerbread houses together with slowly melted sugar which hardens into a cement after a few seconds. It worked great with the graham crackers and the critters had a good time constructing and decorating their houses.

I like Bee's angles in her roof. It came by way of mistake from me, but she turned it into this cute little "church."

Sorry about this picture. Martin was frustrated with me because I wouldn't take a picture of him "throwing up M&M's onto the roof" like he wanted me too. (he wanted to actually "puke" them onto the roof - not just "throw them" on the roof) He had a great time constructing his house and spent a long time building "retaining walls," the garage and front steps. It came time to decorate, and gone are the days of carefully placing the candy in creative patterns and designs... this year he just threw on as many M&M's as he could so he could eat them later. I think Martin would make a good Architect, he had a great time constructing the house... we'll just leave the decorating to someone else.

Monkey spent a lot of time making his house a "spiky log house." Of course Lemur couldn't resist pulling off the "spikes" (candy corns) and eating them. Monkey had to replace them several times.
No comments:
Post a Comment