Last week was back to school and routine! The critters seem okay with going back to school, and even got up pretty good. We had started getting them to bed a little earlier and earlier a few days before school started, I think that helped. We kind of got thrown off on Tuesday when Bee and Martin had a snow day - Monkey had to go to school, but that was okay because he got to go on a field trip to see some dinosaurs which was very cool. I'm glad Bee and Martin were home Tuesday because I was feeling really crummy and they watched Lemur while I got my work done, then I was able to take a nap while Lemur napped. Bee went to a friends house to play in the snow. Martin just helped me out all day, bless his almost 13-year-old heart.
I went visiting teaching on Tuesday night which took all evening. I visit great ladies and they enrich my lives by getting to know them better. Hunter does such a great job of keeping things running smoothly at the farm while I'm gone. I never worry when I leave. Wednesday was mutual for Martin. They are working on making snow shoes. I can't wait to see the finished product! While Martin was at Scouts, Hunter and I went and looked at ANOTHER house. We have been house hunting for 9 months now and it's starting to get really old. We've made offers on houses, had some accepted and then felt it just wasn't right. We have made offers and had them rejected. We have even made a FULL PRICE offer and had it rejected. Wow, guess that wasn't the right house! I loved the house we looked at Wednesday, Hunter didn't - so that one's a no go.
Friday Hunter had the day off. He hung out with Lemur all day. I picked the other critters up at school, we did a Costco run and then went to the Stnuh house and hung out the rest of the evening. Hunter picked up the Kcritters and they hung out here playing Wheel of Fortune and Steelhead did homework.
Saturday Martin went to a Merit Badge Clinic for Boy Scouts. He earned his Citizenship in the Nation and Citizenship in the Community merit badges. These clinics are so great because he gets so much done in so little time. Hunter and I loaded up the truck and a crappy old camp trailer we bought last summer (filled with junk) and made a trip to the dump. We stopped and looked at another house and just drove around and hung out together. The other critters had fun at the farm. Porcupine and Monkey went to Grama Hedgehog's house and played with her grandsons. When we got home we just hung out together and chilled. It was actually a really nice day. The critters love playing outside in the canal which has no water in it right now, but some ice they like to "skate" on. After dark on Saturday night they played "No bears are out tonight" in the canal. They said it was really fun. They came in freezing cold, had hot chocolate and watched a movie.
Sunday was nice too. We go to church at 1:00. We spent the morning just relaxing, having breakfast, playing games and reading. After church we had a nice yummy roast dinner. Hunter took the Kcritters back and the other critters and I played Family Feud. I didn't take a single picture this weekend. ooops.
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a busy weekend as usual. I don't know how you keep up. I'm glad Hunter helps you out so much so that you get a little rest sometimes. Good luck with the house. We will be praying for you! Love ya.
Post a Comment