So, today is a big day. I'm actually not really sure how I feel about it. Anxious. Nervous. Unsure. Worried.
I only got to watch a little bit of the inauguration proceedings because I was watching two other little critters this morning so "Cars" was put on TV instead of the inauguration, and then I had to work. But, it has been on my mind like all other Americans. I haven't listened to any talk show hosts today to hear their take on things, so this is just me and my thoughts.
My kids are really worried about the new president of the United States. Of course they hear Hunter and I talking politics and then they hear things at school - and we live in a very conservative area, and go to very conservative schools, so they hear anti Obama stuff. Today they got up and said, "It's dooms day." "This is the beginning of the end." and "Are they going to take our guns away today?" My response to them was:
"You know guys, what we need to do today is pray. We need to pray for our country. We need to pray that our new President will uphold the constitution of the United States and honor the men who wrote it. Yes, it is an old, Old, OLD document, but it was inspired by God and everything in it still is needed today. We need to pray every single day for President Obama to make good choices for our country."
Then later I was thinking, the other thing we need to do is get more involved in our community. We need to contact our local representatives and our state representatives and let them know what we think and want and feel. If ever there was a time to be more vocal about things, the time is now! I encourage everyone to know who their representatives are and be in touch with them!
And, I encourage everyone to pray: For our President, Vice President and the people of the United States. Yes, change is probably coming. May God guide us through the changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment