Monday, September 15, 2008

No Picture Weekend

Well, I did it again. I successfully made it through another weekend forgetting to take pictures. Darn! Seriously, I get so busy cooking for everyone, making sure everyone really does have their chores done (not just saying they do so they can go play) helping with this project or that, trying to sand on my piano a little, helping the Hunter with his projects etc. etc that I just forget to take pictures. We had a really good weekend though, you just can't see it. Friday night we rented movies. We got some new releases and as we were checking out, Bee and I watched the movie that was playing in the store and it was really funny. We asked about it and the lady said it was a real old movie and someone had said it was bad. She said we could take it for free if we would tell her where it was bad. So we did. We popped it in Friday night and only the previews were fuzzy. It was called Wild America. It was about some kids who wanted to film wild animals across America and make it into a TV movie - must have been back in the 50s or 60s. Anyway, we all laughed our heads off through the whole movie. The new releases we got were dumb. That's par for the course, isn't it? They just don't make 'em like they used to.


SATURDAY: The Hunter and Steelhead got up and were out of the house by 7:10 or so. They helped a man mill the walnut logs that we got last weekend. They got done by about 1:00 and later that afternoon I went with them and we "stickered" the wood: To dry wood have you have to stack it with space between each board so air can get to the wood. We used 1" x 1" x 3' "stickers" and stacked each board. It took a while, but it was fun to look at each board and see the beautiful grain. Hunters Dad is going to make us a dining room table out of some of that wood. The boards for the table top are probably going to take about 2 years to dry.


The Monkey had his first soccer game on Saturday. After chores we went down to the soccer fields for our first experience at being a "soccer family." Things I learned: Bring Sunscreen. Bring change for the concession stand. Bring band aids. Bring LOTS of water (so they kids don't drink mine). Have the Marten bring his own chair. Leave the other kids home? :) Monkey did real good. He sure was sucking air by the time the game was over. The game was at 11:00 and it was pretty hot by then. I'm glad he took enough water... I guess he didn't have to share with 5 other people. The critters Grandpa Toad (their Dad's Dad) came to the soccer game and cheered Monkey on. Then he took Martin, Monkey and Bee to the local University Football game. Of course he bought them shirts and tattoos, Bee a hair thing, socks etc. The critters had a great time dressing up and had lots of fun going out to dinner with him and really enjoyed their first big Football game. They got home around 10:30 and were tired and sunburned!

The other critters enjoyed the game in our air conditioned barn while the Hunter and I went to Stake Conference. The Saturday evening meeting is always the best and we were richly rewarded for going. We came home and watched a dumb movie while waiting for the critters to get back.


SUNDAY: Nice day. More Stake Conference. The critters did fantastic during the long 2 hour meeting. The talks were excellent. After a yummy pot roast and potatoes dinner the Hunter and I went back for another meeting where a new ward was formed. It didn't effect our ward too much, we did lose about 15 families, but we are in the same ward, same time, same building. The Hunter took his critters to their moms and the other critters and I played badminton and the Marten built a Tee Pee. He and the Monkey started sleeping out, but were worried about raccoons and getting cold, so they came crawling into their cozy beds at 9:15 pm.

A great weekend... sorry, no pictures.

No comments: