Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bedroom Project

Remember us remodeling this bedroom last fall.  yah.  So we covered 2 walls with maps - over the top of old paneling.  Then I ripped the carpet out.  Just before we were going to put the new carpet in, Hunter and I decided that we should just totally redo the whole bedroom instead of half doing it now.  So at Christmas time the guys tore out the paneling, and I stripped the maps off the end wall (which was already sheetrocked).  Then the guys finished the sheetrock, mudding, taping and texturing. (forgot to take pictures).  Martin, Bee, Monkey, Chamealon and I painted it last week.  I took Martin to the paint store and let him choose 2 gallons of paint from the "oops" shelf.  $30.00 a gallon paint was $4.00.  Yay!!  He chose tan and dark green. 


Smell good Martin?


Uh, yah, Lemur helped too... after we were done with the tan.  AArrgh!

The 2 end walls are green, 2 side walls are tan.  Carpet pad down...

Hunter laying the carpet.  He did a fabulous job!

I was so HAPPY to have the huge roll of carpet out of the hallway!  It had been there since we moved in and it took up most of the hallway.  I doubt it had been vacuumed very good since we put the roll of carpet in, so I spent a l-o-n-g time vacuuming, doing the edges, wiping the mouldings, wiping walls etc.  Hooray for having our hallway back!!  I think I'll paint it and the doors this summer.  I just painted the floor mouldings, trim and Martin's door yesterday, so hopefully Hunter can get that in SOON so the boys can move back in their bedroom.  They have been sleeping on their mattresses in the Family Room since Christmas.  Ugh.

1 comment:

David and Esther said...

Good job guys! Looks like you kicked butt on that. I like the colors that Martin chose too. Very masculine but classy too. Just like him!