Saturday after Monkey's soccer game, the critters and I loaded up and went to Horse's house. They were watching the Lizard kids while Ma and Pa Lizard were at the Temple. We went to a big shop by his house, swept it out and the critters road little John Deere Tractors around while I sanded on my piano. Some of the critters went back to the house with Mare and watched Nacho Libre. Horse, Liz 1, Monkey and I stayed at the shop and played tennis. It was pretty fun and we only lost a few balls in the insulation, but Horse was able to dig them out.
After a yummy taco dinner, we went outside and played a lively game of soccer. I was very thankful the "soccer field" wasn't very big. I got winded running around Horse's front yard. SOMETHING FUNNY: We were playing Loaded Question and the Question was "what are 2 of your heroes?" Liz 1 wrote down "Dad and Nacho Libre." We all had a good laugh over that one. :)
I was happy/sad when Horse called me tonight and said that they are moving to the Ranch next week. I am happy for them because he can start working on the Ranch and build the dream there, but it has been nice having a little/big brother close by. We don't get together as often as I'd like, but it was fun having him and Mare and Colt close by. Sometimes they'd come over Sunday afternoons and we'd play ball, or they'd stop by when they were in town and say hi and have dinner - or we'd go over there and bum potatoes and onions and he'd help me with my piano. I've never lived close to a sibling before and it's been pretty fun. I think there is something to the "good old days" when families didn't live so far apart. In my dreams my family all live together on a huge farm/ranch in the mountains. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

No comments:
Post a Comment