Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We've been busy... still

Life seems to be running right by us. I am not sure I'm excited for school to have started. We had such a nice summer. The kids were really helpful around the farm and especially with Lemur while I worked. I was working way too much though, and just cut back last week. I quit at one Vet and am just doing another Vet full time, which is lots less work than I was doing. Anyway, I will have most Thursdays off, as the Vet I transcribe for doesn't work on Wednesday's (I get the previous days work). I am excited to have a little more time to be a Zookeeper and get to some projects around the barn that have been put on hold for a while.


The Hunter and I have been spending a lot of time looking at places to buy. We want to get some property, and of course it has to have a barn big enough for all the critters, and of course, we have a tight budget, so we are having to get creative. We have looked and looked and looked, but nothing has felt "right" yet. We will keep renting this house for a while longer until we find just the right farm. It sure takes a lot of time this barn hunting thing!


The Hunter was gone last week, working out of town. It was a long week without him home. We never eat as good, and we get off schedule when he's not here. We did have fun watching the Olympics and I always let the kids take a bath in our soaker tub in our bathroom when the Hunter is gone, they love that! The Martin was back packing with my brothers in a far off mountain range and we met Horse and picked up the Martin on Thursday night after an afternoon of swimming at our favorite watering hole. The Martin had a great time with Frog, Pa Lizard and Horse. They had some good stories to tell, and the Martin has a cool bow that Horse made him. The Martin was glad to sleep in his own stall!!!


I got sick of shopping for school clothes for the critters last week!!! wow. I really hate shopping. It was nice leaving Lemur home with one of the critters while I took another critter with me. At least we have a dress code, so it's easy to go find the clothes, try them on, pick out several different colors pants and shirts and be done. The shoes are still coming in the mail, but other than that, we got done! Whew! Done until they grow out of them again. Wednesday night I took Bee to the Rodeo. Monkey didn't want to go, so he spent the night with his adopted Grandma and had fun with them playing their X-box. Bee, Lemur and I had a great time and ate way too much Rodeo food. Lemur loved the horses and the tractor that cultivated the arena. Saturday night the Hunter and I went on a date, back to the finals of the rodeo. It was nice to be out together, even though it was super hot. Lemur went with us and he had a great time playing on the bleachers and making friends with the other rodeo fans. He liked the horses and the tractor again. He also liked the Hunters snow cone. Maybe things will slow down a bit now that school has started?

Today Lemur and I were working outside, cleaning out the shed and pulling some weeds. I ran in the barn to get something, and came right back out. Lemur had climbed up the pasture mower and was sitting on it just like this. He looked like he was saying, "how do you drive this thing?" Or, "Come on, lets go!" He loves the pasture mower and the pasture tiller. Every time he is outside he plays with them, either trying to push them, putting rocks on them, pulling on the starter rope or climbing on them.


No comments: