This is after I had removed much of the stain. I wish I would have taken a before shot... it was really pink... and I mean PINK! I worked on it some more after this and got it all out... see below.
I feel somewhat like the children in "the Cat in the Hat Comes Back" trying to remove the pink spot from my carpet. I immediately soaked it in cold water and sucked it up with my Rainbow (vacuum). That didn't do much but turn the water light pink. I then tried a vinegar and water solution - that removes stains really well, but I guess it works best when you can set it out in the sun after... couldn't really do that. Then I sprayed my super duper powerful home made spray and wash (1/2 cup Era liquid laundry detergent, 1/2 cup Ammonia and 2 cups water - it's awesome and gets out almost every stain I've tried it on) then scrubbed and blotted and sucked that up... a little more pink water, but still really PINK carpet. SO, I went to the trusty Internet and googled "pink stain on rug" and I got a bunch of hits. Most of them were for this idea:
Pour some liquid dawn in water. Pour the water on the carpet and let it soak. Turn your iron on low, put a white rag over the stain and put the iron on it for a few minutes. The pink sucks right out of the carpet and into the white rag. I was skeptical, but ready to try anything. IT WORKED! I couldn't believe it! It took me several hours to get it all, but it worked. I had to do the areas many, many times, but eventually it all came out. It worked best when I used the steam setting on the iron. I think I used two white t-shirts. The pink went from the juice bottle, to Monkey's belly, to the carpet to the white t-shirt. I soaked the shirts in bleach in my washer... wonder if the washer is pink now? Guess I'll have to go find little cat X, Y and Z!
So, Store that away in your "someday I'll need to know" file just in case you ever have to get a pink stain out of your carpet. I wonder if it works on blue or yellow or green stains?
No comments:
Post a Comment