We packed up everything and headed home, but decided to stop here at this meadow and go for a walk. We let the dogs out of the truck and Hunter, Penguin, Lemur, Yak, and Zookeeper headed up the hill a little ways. Penguin noticed a deer across the meadow. We all watched as the little spike ran across the meadow, right up to Porcupine and Steelhead. At first I was afraid the deer was going to run them over, but it stopped and let them pet it!!
Zookeeper sent Porcupine and Penguin running for the camera (of course!) and we grabbed the dogs so they wouldn't run him off.
It almost gave Steelhead a kiss!!
It wasn't very afraid of the dogs, and they soon all got used to each other and the dogs didn't bother it at all!
A truck came by and you can be sure they stopped and stared and asked us questions. They couldn't believe what they were seeing... (neither could we!)
We headed up the mountain for our walk... and the deer followed us the whole way!
We decided to sit down and take a break.
Kisses for Zookeeper too!
The funniest thing was when the deer sat down right behind us! I'm not kidding, Hunter sat down with Yak first, then everyone else kind of sat down and took a break, and in a while the deer went behind Hunter and lay down... unbelievable!
So the deer wandered around a bit and we thought it would go away, but no, it followed us back down the mountain. We started getting our lunch out and it acted like it was going to climb right into the van and go home with us.
We ate lunch in the meadow, and it did too... right there with us. What an unbelievable experience, I mean really, would you have believed my story if you hadn't seen the pictures? I promise I did not do trick photography, I'm not smart enough to figure that out. It was so dang cool, wow. I wonder if Lemur will remember this? At one point the deer reared up and tried to strike at Lemur. It scared me to death. I was real close to him and we all hollered and it stopped, but it scared Lemur pretty good. We wonder if its mom got killed when it was a baby and someone raised it and then released it. It sure wasn't afraid of us or the dogs. I hope it makes it through the summer and fall. That was a morning walk we won't ever forget!

















1 comment:
I still can't believe that deer! So funny and odd. Great photos! BTW a family from my ward here in Sidney is moving into your parent's ward in Oregon! I think he will be an overseer for a large ranch.
Post a Comment