I forgot to take pictures during Thanksgiving Dinner - but remembered during dessert. I guess I was still frazzled from the small fire we had while cooking the Turkey. The heating element went out on the oven and flames started shooting out the door. It gave Steelhead quite a scare. The heating element went out just as the turkey was done thank goodness!! This was Yak's first Thanksgiving. He liked the pie!
I think Lemur mostly ate whipped cream.
Hunter's piece of pie... actually, I made him an apple crisp because he likes that better than pie... it disappeared!
Tortoise and Hare came for Thanksgiving. We had lots of fun with them here.
Black Friday: Zookeeper went shopping for a birthday present and a heating element. When Hunter, Tortoise and Steelhead got back from the mountains and getting a load of firewood, Hunter put the new heating element in and we baked Porcupine's birthday cake. He was pretty excited about his new remote controlled vehicle!
Porcupine is nine!
Saturday afternoon was nice and sunny - cold, but that didn't stop the dogs from getting lots of exercise. They drag EVERYTHING around and chew on it. Here they are with an axle from a toy truck.
Here they are with Lemur's hat. I caught Jake sneaking off with Hunter's tape measure...
Yak and Penguin got a little sun too.
The Horse family came over for the afternoon and evening. Sorry Mare, this is kind of a silly picture of you, but it was the only one that wasn't fuzzy. Steelhead took some pictures of Colt and Yak who were sitting on the floor laughing their heads off...but all of them turned out blurry :(. We had fun with the Horse family. The guys set up the wall tent, we ate lots of good food and played a fun game of Settlers of Catan.










2 comments:
Sorry I missed it! I apologize again for being such a space cadet/inconsiderate loser. Thanks for the pie on Sunday! It was delicious.
Looks like you all had a lot of fun! I look at your blog all the time but can't always comment. Bummer about your oven!
Post a Comment