Monday, December 7, 2009

Hitting the Mall


I should have posted these backwards - Krispy Kreme first and then the Mall, so scroll down if you want to read about what we did on Saturday morning before you read about what we did Saturday afternoon.  Hunter was doing a well test not far from the Mall, so we took him some Krispy Kreme donuts and then went to the mall.  I was a little nervous about taking all 8 critters to the mall by myself ( I personally hate going to the mall, so I figured since I already dislike going, it won't hurt to take all the critters, right?)  Anyway, the critters were all super good and... it was... sorta... gulp, fun!  Yak was asleep in our stroller and we rented a little "Taxi" for Lemur and away we went.  Martin and Steelhead went off on their own to the sports stores and the rest of us made our way to Build-A-Bear stopping by a few little stores to look at their cool stuff. 

The girls have been saving their money to go to Build-A-Bear and had a wonderful time shopping. 

Are you driving the speed limit?


Monkey and Porcupine rode a "roller coaster" at Cedar Point.

Martin had to join in the fun although his long legs could barely fit...

We took lunch to Hunter and then, although I couldn't believe the critters were hungry after stuffing themselves with donuts earlier, but they were, so we went out to lunch at "Souper Salad" and stuffed ourselves some more.  Then we drove home and bought a Christmas Tree in our little home town.  We usually get a tree up in the mountains and spend the day sledding and having a blast and creating memories, but Hunter had to work from 6:30 a.m. until after midnight and this is the only weekend we will have all 8 critters until after Christmas, so we made the best of it and made some different memories.  For the most part the critters all behaved really well.  I lost it on the way home after some bickering was going on and threatened to stuff their mouths with socks if they didn't quit arguing.  They all fell asleep.  I picked out the Christmas tree by myself because it was so cold outside and the critters were sleeping in the van and didn't really care since we weren't picking one out up in the mountains... all the trees in the tree lot pretty much look the same anyway.  Then we went home and the critters slept, played and I worked for a few hours.  We then cleaned the house (at 8:00 p.m.) and I gave the kids a new movie to watch, and Yak and I went to spend a few hours with Hunter at the well test.  Yak and I sat in the car while he did the testing and then he'd get in the car with us and we could chit chat and eat dinner.  It was an unusal date, but pretty fun.  We ended up getting home at 1:00 a.m.  Hunter was sooooo tired!!  But he still got up and went to church with us Sunday morning.  He is my knight in shining armour out slaying dragons. 

No comments: