Monday, December 7, 2009

Decorating the Christmas Tree


Hunter was still tired from his 18 hour day (he had 60 hours last week at work) so he cut the end of the Christmas tree off for us, got it in the stand, then went to bed.  We spent an hour fighting with the Christmas lights, got them on the tree, and then got busy decorating.  I was making gingerbread in the kitchen while the kids went at it... and I mean that in several different ways.  I am currently writing a poem or possibly a song about how the only time of the year that I cuss and swear is at Christmas... and why... I'll post it when I finish.



The critters did a great job decorating the tree and cleaning the living room afterwards.  It's probably the prettiest tree we've ever had since it came from a tree farm; unfortunately there are no funny stories to tell about getting the tree this year... just that the tree lot guy said to me when he was putting the tree on the van, "what did you do to your kids today?"  They were all asleep in the van - all 8 of them!  I told him I had threatened them on the way home from going out to lunch if anyone said ANYTHING else I was going to stuff socks in their mouths.  Apparently they chose sleeping over chewing on socks.

After we got done with the tree, Hunter took 3 of  the critters back to their other mom and the other 5 critters and I went to some friends house and watched the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional.  It was so wonderful and helped me realize I should not be stressed out over the unimportant things and to try and relax and enjoy the season... which I intend to.  I will choose 1 day to stress out over shopping.  If I can't find what I want, I am going to wrap the money I would have spent and put it under the tree.  I really enjoyed the beautiful music during the devotional.  I love Christmas Music!!!  Hunter joined us after the fireside and we had gingerbread and whipped cream, and hot chocolate, marshmallows and whipped cream - yummy!  Lemur enjoyed their fun Christmas train.  The critters had fun playing no bears are out tonight outside... bbbrrrr!!! It was like 17 degrees outside. Crazy critters!

1 comment:

David and Esther said...

Wasn't that a great broadcast? It really helped me to re-evaluate my priorities this Christmas too. Beautiful!