Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mamma's Tea Party



The critters didn't have school on Monday for whatever reason. That was fine with me!  I love it when the critters are home! I gave the critters a couple of chores to do and while they were sorting dirty laundry, I put together a little "tea party" and took it down stairs to share with them by the cozy fire. I cherish the look on their faces when I came down the stairs with all these goodies... for them! They quickly put all the sorted dirty laundry in the laundry room and we set up our tea party, which was actually hot cocoa, and nuts, rice crispy treats, crackers and cookies.

We then sat around sipping cocoa and chatting. Then we played cards and then watched a movie. I haven't chilled like that in MONTHS! It felt so good! Then we went outside and burned the burn pile... you know, all the branches and misc. wood and stuff you collect all summer...I can't laze around ALL day! It was such a nice day.

1 comment:

David and Esther said...

You are such a great Mom! Your kids will remember that forever.