Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vallivue Marchinng Band 2010

Martin has had a REALLY fun time being in Marching Band in High School.  Even though individually the uniforms are "dorky" as a whole, the group looks really classy!  It's fun watching Martin make fun of himself and how silly he looks in his Marching Band Costume.  I personally think he is pretty handsome. 

Sorry, can't figure out how to turn the picture.  I also can't get the pictures downloaded in the right order... sigh.  So this is a picture of the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington.  The Band took a trip in October over there and participated in a really big competition.  Out of something like 43 bands, they placed 8th!! Wow!  Good job Falcons!  Martin said there were bands from Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. 


The kids got really wet marching in the Seattle area... go figure.  They left their uniforms to dry when they got back Sunday night.

This is the celebration picture after Vallivue won the Sweepstakes in the big DIII Competition in October in Boise.  It was the second year in a row Vallivue has won.  I hope they can keep it up for the next 3 years!

The trophy is 7 feet tall!!!

This is a fuzzy picture, but I included it because of the story.  Martin plays the trumpet.  There are 20 trumpets in the marching band.  He said that before they go onto the field to practice, they all kneel down and say a prayer for help.  Who ever wants to can pray.  I was touched because after they had won everything at DIII, they got together, knelt down right there in the BSU stadium, and offered prayers of gratitude.  It was a cool moment.  I'm glad Martin is surrounding himself with good friends. 

No comments: