Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October 2010

It has been a REALLY busy month!  I love this picture of one of our pumkins that grew in between 2 rail road ties that boarder this part of the garden.  I have been thinking about "the parable of the pumpkin."  I haven't perfected it yet, but it is coming.  Maybe you can give me some ideas.  Something about who and what is around you can help shape you. 


This is the product of growing all summer in-between 2 railroad ties.  Click on the picture to make it bigger and you can see it better. 
We grew LOTS and LOTS of pumpkins this year.  Hunter and the critters LOVE pumpkin seeds so I just planted a bunch of pumpkins.  Lemur, Yak and I picked a bunch, set them on the lawn, and then took a few to our front porch to decorate for fall.  Then I went to the neighbors house, Luchy, who is from Columbia and is working on her english - she is doing great!  I guess maybe I need to work on my Spanish, because I invited her to go get some pumpkins from our yard - I said 4 or 5 or 6... well, she did... and took them all.  So, the critters only had a few pumpkins from the front porch to choose from to carve jack-o-lanters, and we only got a few seeds this year... but there is always next year.

Young Women's is taking up A LOT of my time, but it's really fun and rewarding, and now that Bee is 12 I get to spend lots of fun times with her at mutual.  Here she is with her friend at a Corn Maze that we went to.


Hot chocolate and cookies after the corn maze hit the spot.  Martin is such a fun, goofy kid; everyone loves being around him.  It is good for Bee to see him in a different light; she is beginning to appreciate his fun sense of humor now too.

I put all of my used Scentsy wax in a big tin can, and then when it is time to make fire starters, I melt it down and add more paraffin to it.  It looked really cool when it was melting, so I took this picture. 

Bee learned to make fire starters for one of her Personal progress value experiences. 

I was busy making applesauce and told the kids to take pictures of themselves carving pumpkins.  I think Penguin took this picture, and that's about it.  I don't think Steelhead, Monkey, or Porcupine joined in, but everyone else did and we had some great looking jack-o-lanterns!

We didn't have much luck trick or treating on Saturday night this year.  We ended up going to "Grandma Linda's" house and then we went home and ate the candy we bought at Costco. 


Yak caught on real quick to what this was all about.  Doesn't he make the cutest little lion EVER!?!




I just love this picture of Martin giving Bee a hug.  He had his arm around her the whole time we were reading scriptures that night - it was so dang cute!

1 comment:

Jarom & Corinne said...

To cute! I dont know how I stumbled upon your blog but I did! Your family is amazing, what a cute blog!