I know, I know, I know... I've been a little behind on the blogging aspect of my life lately. It is not the most important thing in my life, so that is what I had to let go. The Bishop told me when he called me to be the Young Women's President that I would not be able to do everything and to listen to my husband... Hunter said I'd have to let some things go. I figured he meant things like grocery shopping, doing laundry and cooking, which I was totally fine with, but, yeah, we all got really hungry and pretty grungy looking wearing the same clothes, so I had to leave out a few other things. I didn't even really take that many pictures - all summer! I'm frustrated with myself over that because we actually had a great summer. We had Hunter's kids most of the summer. We got a YMCA membership and went there several times a week. We worked in the yard and garden every day and did other fun things, mostly Trek related, but we still had fun. One thing I did that worked really great was assign each child (the older 6) 3 rows each in the garden. I told them their rows were their responsibility. I would not nag them about weeding, ask them about weeding, or tell them to do their weeding; it was their job to get it done. I did tell them, however, that it was their responsibility, and I was certain that if the time came to go to a friends house or go swimming or do something else fun, they could go if their 3 rows were weed free. It worked like a charm!! We had a beautiful garden this summer and are still eating TONS of produce out of it. Probably my favorite: stir fry zuchini, yellow squash, peppers, and onions - YUM!! Next favorite: Hunters melon patch --- aaah... The corn and peas were yummy too, and I always love a crisp cucumber or a juicy vine ripened tomatoe. We enjoyed our strawberris and raspberries this year too!!
So anyway, sorry I have neglected my blog. Here are a few pictures of things that we did this summer.
During the Trek Bee went to the Ranch with Lemur and Yak and spent the week with Mama and Papa Bear. Bee worked the whole time helping with the little boys. She was ready for a vacation when we got back, so she went to Missouri for a week and spent a wonderful time with Grandma Panda.
While she was there the "girls" went out to a fancy dinner and a Broadway Musical, "Beauty and the Beast." They had a wonderful evening dressing up and having a ladies night out!
Grandma Panda has 2 beautiful Golden Retrievers that Bee adores!!
Missouri is so Beautiful!!
We got lots of firewood and Martin spent a good amount of time splitting 3 cords for a money making project to pay for his Jazz Camp - which was at the College of Idaho in Twin Falls in July. He had a really fun week and learned a lot that week.
The oldest 2 girls of the Frog Family came to spend about a week with us before the Family Reunion. Bee also got to spend a day (FINALLY!!!) with her best friend, Abbie. Here the girls are dancing in the rain - the only day it rained the whole time they were here... and we had planned to go to Eagle Island... oh well, we had fun playing board games and dancing in the rain!
The cousins had so much fun together. I am SO GLAD they were able to hang out for a few days!!
We had our family reunion the middle of August. I was horrible about taking pictures. We spent one day at a beautiful lake swimming, going for a walk etc. I spent most of my time worrying about Lemur drowning... thus, not taking pictures.
Todd and Colt havin' some fun.
One night the kids put on skirts - they were super funny.
We also played some "Whose Line is it Anyway" skits - oh by gosh, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I was soooo mad that my video camer battery was dead. Ma Lizard got it on video and I can't wait to watch it again - I can't remember what this was a picture of, but the whole night was super funny!!
This is the 3 headed opera singer ... Don't remember what they were singing to Papa Bear about, but again, it was hilarious. Mare and Chameleon might have to fill us in in the COMMENT section.
Chameleon and I were doing "open heart surgery" and those other 2 were making the sound effects.
Of course we had to celebrate Mama Bear's Birthday!!! She still acts as young as she did when we were kids.! Love you Mom!















1 comment:
You got the basics! I have a HARD time letting things go, so sleeping time gets a cut. Then I get grumpy. You are a much wiser lady. We should get together one day. I'd love to come visit.
Post a Comment