Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Smashing Pumpkins

Halloween has come and gone. Monkey, Bee and Martin went with their Dad for the weekend. Hunter, Steelhead and Porcupine went deer hunting. That left Penguin, Yak, Lemur and I at home, all day, by ourselves. So: We slept in, ate breakfast, cleaned the house, then went to the movies. By that time it was late in the day. I had to work at 4:00. The little critters took a nap, Penguin watched another movie while I worked, and then she went to the Ward Trunk-or-Treat with the Elk family. The whole time I was working I felt guilty because I wasn't taking Lemur trick-or-treating and he would have had so much fun. He was pretty happy when the Elk family brought Penguin home and gave him some candy though. It was a pretty boring Halloween, at least for me. I think the critters all had fun though - even if they didn't get a deer. Oh dear.

So Monday after school I had Monkey and Bee smash the pumpkins in the garden so we can till them up.

I told the critters to use what ever they wanted to smash the pumpkins; they chose a sledge hammer and a baseball bat.

This project was right up Monkey's alley, he loves smashing things.

1 comment:

David and Esther said...

I would love to be smashing something right now.