Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Part B: SAFE!!

Hunter has been looking and saving and wanting a gun safe/fire proof box for all of his "stuff," and he finally found a good deal on a HUGE safe. He and the boys went and picked it up on Saturday morning. Then, of course, they didn't need to call anyone to help them unload it (it is only 1,100 pounds) so they worked and grunted and got it in themselves. (I was out working in the garden, and didn't get in to take pictures of the guys unloading it from the beginning). I was actually very impressed that the three of them did it themselves, and no one got smashed, smooshed, squished or swore at. They also didn't scratch anything (well, nothing REAL important) or break anything. (I actually went out and worked in the garden because they were stressing me out - I could just see the safe sliding out of the back of the pickup and shattering the sliding glass door or landing on one of their legs... or. or. or.)
UUUuugggh!


ooooffffdah!

gggrrrruuuuuuunnntttt!
The trek the safe made from the pickup, through the sliding glass door and through the family room ... please excuse the mess. The guys kinda rearranged the family room to get the safe in.

Finally in and... well, safe! I went downstairs yesterday evening only to find Hunter dusting the safe. I'm hoping his love of dusting the safe will transfer to a love of dusting other furniture. This thing is huge - I could literally put 4 of our critters in it... hummm. Just kidding. I'll find another time out spot.

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

we need one of those! Justin has 5 guns and no safe

David and Esther said...

Now is the gun safe to keep the guns safe from the kids or the kids safe from the guns?....:) Good job my big, strong, tough male kin.