Friday, March 21, 2008

Lizards and Horses and Bears come to visit

The Lizard family (you have to know my brother to appreciate this humor... I asked Ma and Pa Lizard what animal they wanted their family to be, and after great debate, the last I heard was the Lizard family... with much eye rolling and haruphing from Ma Lizard... sorry Ma... the kids all seemed to think the name was cool!) Anyway, so the Lizard family came to visit last weekend. They came on Thursday night because lil' lizard #3 had a doctor apt on Friday. It was so great to see them. The lil' lizards keep getting bigger and cuter every time we see them. I let Monkey stay home from school on Friday to play with Lil' lizard #1. They had such a great time together and got along so wonderfully! Ma Lizard and I hardly ever saw them. The three lil' lizard ladies played and played inside. Ma and Pa Lizard took lil' Liz #3 to the doc and the other kids played here while I worked and they watched movies and took naps. They were great.

Friday night we had a yummy dinner and played games. Ma and Pa Liz and Elk and I laughed so hard a few times we cried. I have to share a funny thing that happened to Elk and I, but please don't think we really are this dumb... just brain dead from a long trying week! So, we were playing Scattergories. The letter was N and the category was Universities. Elk wrote down "North Virginia University." I said, "There isn't a North Virginia, there's just East and West Virginia." The Lizards started laughing and just as I said it, I realized what I had said... then quickly said, "I mean West Virginia and Virginia!" I thought I was going to pee my pants we were laughing so hard. It's good when you can laugh at yourself, right? :)


Mama and Papa Bear came Saturday night to have chicken dinner and see their Grand-Animals. :) Dinner was yummy, dessert was better and listening to stories retold and embellished by Pa Lizard and Mustang was the best. They take adventures that we had on the ranch and retell them into Patrick McManus type stories, it is such a riot! Wish we had it on video!! Again, thought I'd pee my pants!!!
Ma and Pa Lizard and Elk and I got a babysitter for the little kids and went for a drive and went out to lunch. It was nice to have adult conversation w/o littles running around... well, one little went with us.


Lil' Lizards 3 and 4, they are such good friends and so cute together! Lil' Lizard 4 teases Lil' Lizard 3 and then runs away... so funny! Good thing Lil' Lizard 3 has such a cute sense of humor!

Lil' Lizard 4 was feeding Lemur handfuls of cheerios... they both had milk and cereal all over them! They were both very quiet and serious. I think Lemur ate more from Lil' Lizard 4 than when he feeds himself!

No comments: