January was really busy! It seemed to just zoom by. Usually January drags on and on and on... not this year!! Maybe it was because we knew we had court on January 30, and we were not looking forward to it... having it over, yes, but a day in court fighting for your kids... in a system that is so very pro mom no matter what the circumstances are, is just not our idea of fun. Worth it - even if we don't get the kids, yes, but still not fun.
Yak had a constant bruise on his head for months. He just goes 100 mph all day long every day, and most of the time doesn't make his head pay attention to what his feet are doing. He runs into everything, falls off of everything, and, well, Lemur helps out too. He is talking more and more, and wants to do everything Lemur does, including learn to read and go on the potty. He's not quite there yet on either, but he sure likes to try!
Martin had his FIFTEENTH birthday on the 24th! Wow. He started drivers Ed at the first of January, and by the middle of February he was in the drivers seat. He is a fun teenager with a pretty good attitude most of the time, and I'm so glad he is ours! He loves school most of the time, does his homework when absolutely necessary only, loves Seminary, mutual, and most of all hanging out with his friends. He is really good to do his chores around the house, and I just keep his bedroom door shut so I don't have to look in there. He does his own laundry and makes dinner every Tuesday night. His mission companions are going to love being with him because he is a great cook, doesn't snore much, smells good most of the time, and, MAN, he is funny!
Lemur and Yak love to do everything together. They paint, run, play cars, tackle each other, color pictures, look at books, tackle daddy, and try to sleep in our bed as much as possible. I love it when they make each other laugh. They think our living room, office, kitchen, dining room area is a race track and constantly run circles around the house - literally. They love having Cuzzins School and always ask when their cousins are coming so they can learn and play. They do a great job helping me with my chores - including folding their laundry, cleaning their bedroom, and making dinner. They are great to leave me alone when I am working (with the help of the big kids) and the LOVE playing outside. Their favorite thing is when Daddy stops by inthe Crane or the Big Rig. They wish they could go to work with him every day. Sometimes we stop at the shop for lunch, and they love that too. Anything they get to do with their daddy is their favorite thing in the world!!! Hunter hooked up the water line to our frig/ice maker, and Lemur thinks that is just the coolest thing in the world. A few days after it was done, Lemur told me, "I am so proud of my dad because he fixed the frig. I am so proud!"
Wilbur came to visit us for a few weeks at the end of January and into February. His stay with us was a blessing to all of us. He has such a special spirit about him. We saw an aggressive side of him as Yak smacked him one day. The second time he did it, Wilbur smacked him back several times. That was the last time Yak smacked Wilbur! :)
Wilbur loves Nanah doll! Nanah is 26 years old... Wilbur got him when he was born. He has had 2 different bodies, and several sets of clothes (the ones on him are some of Yak's newborn clothes), but it's the original Nanah head. :)
Wilbur usually sleeps with Mr. Zucherman, but I had him sleep in the living room because he snores so loud! Wilbur was very patient with us, and didn't watch as much TV at our house as he does at Dad's house... I asked him if he missed watching TV (we only have a TV in the family room downstairs) and he said, "No." I said, "I guess sitting on the couch watching us is just about as entertaining as watching TV isn't it PW?" He laughed and said, "yes!" There is always some kind of drama, comedy, or natural disaster going on around here, so that's probably not far from reality!
Lemur loves cutting. Apparently he loves gluing things to himself too!
Valentine Day Cake... yumy, yum!
Cuzzins School is going great! The kids loved this work - I gued big colorful plastic jewels to a piece of paper and put matching colors of jewels in that cute little jar. They loved opening the jar and matching the colors. It was very tactile and appealed to their senses.
Yak is a little young to be doing our shelf work, but with Mrs. Fox's help, we make it work. He just wants to be one of the big kids!
I love wooden puzzles!!!
This flannel book is so colorful! The kids love it.
Vixen is a model student. She works quietly and doesn't interact very much with the other kids. She really gets focused on her work and puts things away nicely before choosing another work.
Lemur had grabbed the camera and took this picture of Todd for me... I think he was just observing what the girls were doing.
I have the cutest nieces ever!!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment