Sunday, July 27, 2008

Piano Project... STILL!

Remember when I started this piano project? It was a year ago. A lady gave me this piano. It was yellow. It was very ugly. Anyway, I stripped the paint off over the last year and yesterday Hunter, Horse and I started sanding it. I had taken the yellow paint off, but there was still the mahogany colored stain on it.
The natural wood is really light. I haven't decided yet if I am going to stain it a darker color, or leave it light. There are 6 pieces that are intricately carved that are going to be next to impossibly to sand, so Horse suggested that I leave them dark and the rest of the piano light. It would look pretty cool. Hunter took the front all apart for me and we got most of it sanded with 150 grit sand paper. Now I just have to go over it all with 250 or 300 grit a few times before I can stain it. It is parked in a shop over by Horses house, 45 minutes away, so I don't get over there very often to work on it. I'm excited to have it done and when we buy a new home, we'll get to move it in.

No comments: