
One night we walked to the North Head Light House overlooking the ocean. It is around the point to the North of the mouth of the Columbia River. We were there at sunset. There wasn't a breeze, no sound but the crashing of the waves and it was perfect outside. I've never been to the ocean when the wind wasn't blowing like crazy, but this evening it was perfect. We enjoyed the sunset, saw some deer and soaked in the awesome sight of the mighty Pacific Ocean.

We went to the Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria, Oregon. It was very interesting. I had been there in the 7th grade and loved it. I think the critters liked it too.
Ft. Clatsop - Lewis and Clark's winter fort on the Pacific Coast. We enjoyed a few hours at Ft. Clatsop. There were lots of things for the kids to do and we all learned a little history.
One night Hunter took the critters down to the beach and to explore some caves they found. Lemur was asleep so I was just sort of tidying up camp. I brushed my teeth and went to spit in the bushes and felt like I was being watched... I was. A raccoon came out and went through camp. He wasn't the least bit worried about me as I took pictures of him. He scurried about, eating the Cheetos Lemur had dropped and the popcorn we had spilled. Not long after, another one came. They took their time going through our camp before moving on to the next one.
We decided to go to another light house not far from our camp. The 2 light houses are just 2 miles apart, but because the way the cliffs and the land is, they needed 2 light houses right there. We happened to go there during the 2 hours a year that it was open to the public! We got to go up inside it and see the view of the mouth of the Columbia River and the ocean... AWESOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment